I know you only want to read about BBBs in grim northern towns and bucolic southern villages, so I promise this my last Malteser.
Sir Quinno asked if Malta was worth a visit. Yes, and you need at least 5 days. Assuming you’re not going for the sun.
1) Churches. Some of the best churches in the world, all perched on a hill.
2. Craft Beer. This is the craft beer fridge in Marsaskala. To Ol for 5 euros. And Trooper.
3. Public Transport. It might not be creaky and quirky anymore, but it’s efficient and cheap.
4. Caves – Great caves you can explore in Birzebugga if you crawl through the hole in the fence.
5. Fonts. Loads of great fonts, as here in Rabat.
6) Lack of potholes – Malta has 3.7% of the number of potholes in Cambridgeshire.
7) Chinese takeaways – plenty of them
8) Blue skies, brightly coloured boats
9) Cats. Loads of them.
10) Proper pubs run by Tandleman. Possibly.
- Fake pubs – Alexander’s is someone’s house. Boo.
2) Reading CAMRA, spoiling it for everyone with their Evil Keg.
3) Rain. All of February.
4) Nightlife is a bit 1970s.
So, a win for PROs. Even with a week of rain and a grumpy teenager.