In case you were wondering, that picture of the pie and peas hasn’t been artificially enhanced. The pork even tasted like pork, too.
This is such a significant event that it gets it’s own marker on Google Maps, and surely deserves an entry in Mr Protz’s otherwise peerless guide to the Great North Road !
In contrast to a night at Spoons where folk get arrested, take beer back and conduct their home business and domestic arguments, even the best beer festivals are going to look a bit tame.
Instead, Clifford gives you;
- Beers you’ve heard of, nearly all from that little county near Lancashire. The Mallinsons and Hawkshead Pale were superb
- Properly cooled cask, and that “live” keg stuff from Brass Castle
- Old blokes singing songs you’ve heard of (just like Glasto, then)
- Some lovely countryside walks up to Boston Spa to walk the pies off
- and cheery Yorkshire folk who don’t all talk about Mr Boycott.
Plus, of course, the best pies outside W***n.
Next year’s fest in on Saturday 30 June 2018.