I often find myself defending Wetherspoons against lowest common denominator criticism across the beer blogs I follow.
With trips to Glasgow and Cornwall coming up, I’ll be able to observe some features of Spoons that often feature – beer quality, service, table cleanliness, drunkenness and craft beer take up.
Writing this in the large central Cambridge Spoons now, my main observations are;
– busy on a Monday
– wide mix of ages and dining/drinkers
– served within a minute by friendly staff
– real ale very good (4 on CAMRA Scale)
– high calorie count on food
– Spoons perceived as a “smart” place
Be good when the Tivoli reopens after the fire – that has a really large customer spread.
Update note 2/3/16 – still no news on Cambridge’s Tivoli – sorely missed