So, here’s the answer to your estuary Essex Guess the Pub.
Tolleshunt D’arcy, named after Darcy Lapier (who ? – Ed), who famously shared a boyfriend (J-C VD) with Kylie, but is more famous for the White House Farm murders recently dramatized for Netflix. Quite why Netflix can’t dramatize something cuddly the meeting of the pub bloggers in the Fat Cat I’ll never know.
Down the road in Little Totham you’ve got double CAMRA Pub of the Year the Swan, while in the swirling metropolis that is Maldon you’ve got time travel to 1955 and animal apostrophe abuse.
Our mystery pub is one of the estimable Grays estate, a pleasing mix of Sam Smiths and Craft Union with only slightly higher prices than both.
99.2% of the pictures on Trip Advisor are of puddings, which coincidentally are what occupy the minds of retired Essex folk 99.2% of the time (the other 0.8% is spent planning cruises).
Lovely little parlour room, with the beers you hope for in a Proper Pub but rarely see.
A Proper Pub, and proper names for the curry house (Ruby’s) and wine shop (Corky’s), just in case you forget you’re in Essex.